Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday March 22, 2006 at 11:33
rgbyhkr
Long Time Member
October 2002
Hey Jeff,

Firstoff, thanks for the prompt reply. Secondly, I think you and I had some back and forth a couple months back about the 950 and the upcoming universal editor. Although I really did like various aspects of the 950, I wound up returning it mostly because of the slight delay from button press until command issuance. This was in comparison to my 700 and 800 units. It made menu navigation a bit less smooth and less snappy. Someone had suggested that the fundamental additional complexity and capability of the 950 may be the root cause. I wouldn't say it's a bug or anything and might not even be noticed by someone who hadn't used a previous design. It wasn't a huge lag, but again, enough to be noticeable in comparison.

My hope is that the 900 will be closer to the 700/800 in this respect. Of course, it doesn't have all the capabilities of the 950, but it does improve upon the 700/800/850 enough for me to get it. Can you comment on this based on any experience with pre-production models? Thanks.

Jeff

Hosting Services by ipHouse