Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday May 15, 2006 at 22:55
SliderJeff
Long Time Member
March 2003
Damon,

Thank you. Unfortunately, either I am missing some fundamental understanding of how hidden pages work, or something is not quite right in Denmark. :) Here's my current setup.

Main Page 1
WATCH HDTV
WATCH A DVD
LISTN ATRON
NIGHT TIVO
EMPTY BLANK

EMPTY = Truly an empty slot... nothing assigned or programmed there
BLANK = Here is where I programmed the 1.5 sec delay, TIVO Exit command and goto Main-P2.

Main Page 2 (in the MXEditor this is how it looks)
TV ATRON
TIVO RECVR
DVD NT-TV
EMPTY EMPTY
CONFM EMPTY

This is supposed to be my device page. I currently have this page marked in the editor as "hidden". I can not get to this page by pressing the Page button when on the Main screen. This is as I intended it. My goal, however was to use the push and hold macro I programmed with the "BLANK" button on Main Page 1 to goto Main Page 2 so that I could see all the devices and access them individually should I need to. Unfortunately, even though the macro appears to take me to MAIN Page 2, there are NO VISIBLE DEVICES when I get there. Is that supposed to happen? I thought that it would only be "hidden" as far as accessing it via the Page button. FWIW, even though the screen appears blank except for the "MAIN" written across the top and "Page 2" written on the bottom, the button FUNCTIONS still seem to be there. That is, if I press the LCD button that corresponds to the TIVO device, it jumps to the TIVO device page and I can see all the LCD button controls for the tivo.

The final issue I have, and perhaps this isn't an issue after all, is that other than the MAIN pages, the title pain (i.e. the part above the topmost line on the LCD screen) never shows what device I am looking at. It's always BLANK! Is that supposed to happen? Seems very odd to me.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. Please let me know if there is addtional info that I can provide to help debug this issue.

Regs,
Jeff

Hosting Services by ipHouse