The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday July 19, 2006 at 18:48
PChek
Long Time Member
May 2003
Hi John. No, I don't think it is caused my MakeHex; rather by either IRPanels or Universal Browser. As you say, just an annoyance, since the codes work.

Here's another odd thing I found which is certainly a problem of either IRPanels or Universal Browser, rather than MakeHex: I've used MakeHex/IRPanels/UB to import several full code sets (0..127) for testing. With every one of them, the last three function codes (125, 126, 127), when transmitted by the MX-850, have sent *very* long transmissions, *much* longer than any other IR command, even longer than the Sony System All Off code.

These transmissions don't have any affect on my system, nor is there any indication that they should [as mentioned, I was testing codesets, looking for functions additional to the OEM remotes].

But when imported from MakeHex to IRPanels, those last three codes are seemingly no different (certainly no longer) than any of the other codes. The only difference I see is that IRPanels creates panels of 25 buttons each (five rows by five columns), so those last three codes end up being in the sixth panel, along with 22 other buttons which have no data.

All of these codesets I've tried so far have been using the Sony12.irp. I hope to next try some codesets for my Toshiba RPTV. Since there isn't a Toshiba.irp, which .irp should I use? Or in general, how does one know which .irp to use for any given piece of equipment?

One final weirdness I noticed in the IRPanels generated .ccf as viewed by UB, is that in every panel of every codeset, the fourth column (counting left to right) is in descending order, as contrasted with all the other columns in ascending order, i.e.:

00 05 10 19 20
01 06 11 18 21
02 07 12 17 22
03 08 13 16 23
04 09 14 15 24

and so on... :-)
Pchek

Hosting Services by ipHouse