The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday August 16, 2006 at 13:22
Macroman
Long Time Member
July 2005
On August 16, 2006 at 11:05, WPWoodJr said...
Does anyone have advice on the MRF-100? Does it work
with the MX-900? Is the MRF-100 battery operated? Should
I get an MRF-200, 250, or 300 instead? What's the difference
in these models?

I highly recomend not using the MRF 100 with the MX 900 or any other Complete Control Universal Remote Control, it will give you false results. Technically, they really are not compatible. The MRF 100 is operating at an open address so whenever the remote is not sending commands, anything at 418Mhz can interfere, therefore causing intermittent operation. The MRf 100 was desinged for single zone operation with consumer line remote controls only. IF you don't mind the interference you will see when operating, it should work sporadically. This could become very frustrating.

With the MX 900, you must use the MRF 200, MRF 250 or MRF 300 for the best possible results. In fact, I always install MRF 300's. They are the most reliable. These three MRF's are RF addressable, meaning they can be assigned an ID address so that only the remote you assign can communicate with it. The MRF 300 will let you put the antenna far away from your equipment which is really the main cause of RF intereference. An addressed base station will only allow RF frequncies to communicate with it when the remote says so.

Hosting Services by ipHouse