Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday July 26, 2007 at 10:04
AndersR
Long Time Member
July 2007
Hi,

i have researched for a while now what remote to buy, and i am pretty sure now i will end up buying one of the cheaper URC remotes.

I am leaning toward buying an MX-500 that i can get for $87.

Before i do so, could someone explain in few words what would be gained (besides RF) if i bought the MX-600 instead?

For the same price i as the MX-600 i could also get an MX-350. What besides being able to control equipment such as light etc. differentiates the MX-350 from the MX-600/500?

I will be using the device to control my Panasonic plasma tv, my Marantz amp, Sony DVD recorder, Samsung HD decoder and a Squeezebox 3.

I would like to record macros that could be for example "Turn on all devices", "Turn off all devices", "Play movie from DVD harddisc" etc.
As i understand having researched the subject i understand that to be able to turn on/off devices i need to send discrete on/off commands (so that "turn on all devices" really turns devices on, and not just switch the state of the devices so that an already turned on device is turned off instead).

Does the 3 mentioned remotes support this? If so is there a way to get the discrete codes for my devices?

Lots of questions! Hope some of you got an answer or two :-)

regards
AndersR

ps. plz dont suggest buying MX-950 etc. Yes, they are nice, but they are also way over my budget ;-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse