The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday February 22, 2007 at 15:23
jschefdog
Lurking Member
February 2007
On February 20, 2007 at 21:25, Surf Remote said...
Here's an MX-950 .mxa file you can download and use with
the Universal Browser:

Thanks very much for posting the file. I tried adding the arrow buttons from the PS3 portion of your file to my MX-800 using the universal browser. For some reason only the left button worked, the other 3 still had no response.

But your reply inspired me to try learning them again using standalone mode. After several attempts with tapping the arrow buttons on the PS2 remote I still had no success. So I tried the "semaphore" technique described in the manual again. After a few attempts I was able to learn the PS2 arrow buttons using this technique.

For people who don't have the manual, here is a description of the semaphore technique. You put something which is not transparent between the two remotes to block the signal (I used a DVD case). You set the URC remote to learn the desired button, press and hold the button on the PS2 remote, then remove and replace the blockage. Replacing it very quickly seemed to work best for me.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I can finally watch a movie on my PS3 using only my MX-800. Getting the arrow buttons to work makes a big difference because the IR workaround supports a limited number of features on the PS3. But with the arrow buttons working I can open the on screen options menu (triangle button) which provides access to all the functions provided on the official PS3 Bluetooth remote.
John S

Hosting Services by ipHouse