The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday February 13, 2007 at 13:47
jschefdog
Lurking Member
February 2007
I have been lurking here for a while but this is my first post. I followed the instructions in this article on Remote Central to use my MX-800 with a Playstation 3.

[Link: remotecentral.com]

My old Playstation 2 remote runs the PS3 as described in the article. I found that the MX-800 database contains codes for this remote under AUX/Sony. I have everything working fine except that the arrow buttons (up, down, left, right) on the MX-800 do not work. The PS3 does not respond to them. The arrow buttons on the PS2 remote work fine although they are a little touchy, more than a quick tap results in really fast movement of the current selection on the screen.

I tried learning the codes from the PS2 remote but that doesn't work either. The MX-800 indicates that it learned the code, but the PS3 still does not respond to the arrow buttons on the MX-800. I tried all the tricks in the MX-800 manual (holding, tapping, fluttering, semaphore). In each case the MX-800 learns the code but the PS3 does not respond. I also tried teaching the PS2 arrow button codes to other buttons on the MX-800 but it made no difference.

I searched this forum and found a thread from 2003 about this exact problem with a MX-500 and PS2 but no resolution was ever posted. Any suggestions? Has anyone had success using the arrow buttons of any URC remote with the PS3?

Last edited by jschefdog on February 14, 2007 15:56.
John S

Hosting Services by ipHouse