The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday August 22, 2007 at 15:03
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
Gravity is actually a template I created for my personal use before I even came aboard here at URC. Although the only place I've ever made it available is URC Control Room, it was never intended to be an installer exclusive. In fact, tripleBsoftware has always had my OK to distribute it on their site. (I originally created the graphics style of Gravity for DMX-3000, and liked it enough to build myself an entire template from the idea.)

I have no issues with the template being distributed or used, though I have no intentions of uploading it to any other public forums. So yes, feel free to share it, or files made with it. If you want to upload Gravity-based files here at Remote Central, that's fine. Just don't upload the actual template or gallery. The copyright remains intact, but since no one is asking for any money, there are no worries as long as you leave the copyright notice in place.

The layout of Gravity was the basis for the layout of Alpha, which as you've noted has thus far remained an installer exclusive. There have been changes to the MX-3000 firmware since I made Gravity, and unfortunately those changes tend to make Gravity operate somewhat slowly. With the benefits of Alpha, I just haven't seen much utility in spending the time necessary to get Gravity working at full speed again.

Best regards,
Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse