Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday July 1, 2007 at 01:57
yonkiman
Lurking Member
July 2007
Hi All,

I've had an MX-500 for many years. I set it up pretty well (custom buttons, macros, punch through, all that) when I bought it and haven't programmed it since. Recently I borrowed an Irclone box from a generous member fo this forum, so I thought it would be a good time to make all the changes that I'd been meaning to over the last few years, the main one being adding my TiVo remote codes to my MX-500 (I'd been using both remotes for a while).

However I no longer seem to be able to program a single button. I follow the procedure in the manual: MAIN+ENTER, LEARN, DEVICE [TiVo], press MX-500 button, press equivalent Tivo button, remote says "Good" after every key, then I press Main until I'm back at the main menu. But the new keys don't take.

The other interesting thing is that I can upload and download with Irclone, but when I download someone else's TiVo commands, some buttons work but the ones I can't program don't work with this method, either.

It seems something like "you can't program in VCR codes in slot 1 because it's a TV slot" - but I thought if you were learning from another remote, you could memorize any key.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm stuck - any ideas?

Thanks,
Fred

Hosting Services by ipHouse