The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday September 16, 2007 at 20:17
ed_robyn
Lurking Member
September 2007
Just got a used MX500 and am new to universal remotes. I am building a HT and got the MX500 because based on the description it sounded like it could do everything I wanted. I just figured out that to program something like a TV I must use the space on the remote that is designated for TV regardless of what it's labeled. I would have thought if you key in the code it wouldn't matter where it was on the remote. Like I said I was a newbie at this.

I have Lutron spacer lighting which the MX500 has the codes for ( I was hoping not to have to buy the remote for the lights) and was one of the reasons that I got the remote. Anyway when I enter the code for Lutron (I have tried them all) the remote will turn the lights off & on and I have to use the channel button to make them dim ( I thought I could type in a command for "brighter & dimmer" . I also want to be able to program lighting "scenes" into the remote and don't know how to do that.

Also, I have an electric draper screen that I want to use the remote for and before I knew that you had to have the device in the correct space I edited where one of the VCR slots was and wrote the word "screen" , I typed in the words " up, down" & stop on the next page of the remote and tried cloning my screen remote "up, down & stop" commands. The screen goes down , but not up or stop. I also tried cloning a TV remote but all the MX500 will do is turn the TV off and change the channel.

My questions at this point are: 1) if I have more than one "aux" ie the screen & lights, will the mx500 work for me? 2) Can I type in the command that I want in the device buttons on the sub page of the device and program it to do that command, i.e. light scenes, or screen up.

I was hoping to be able to just type a command in a slot, copy that command from a remote or code and have it work. Is that too much to ask?

If I am having this much trouble with just "on, off, up, & down" how much pain will it be when I want to program my receiver? Everyone talks about how easy this is to use so I have to be missing something.

Last edited by ed_robyn on September 16, 2007 20:25.

Hosting Services by ipHouse