Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday November 9, 2007 at 19:37
haertig
Lurking Member
November 2007
Thanks for the reply and confirmation!

I guess the misunderstanding I have regarding this, is that who would ever know who is and who is not an authorized dealer? The assumption is that any normal, large, and well respected retailer would be OK. How does Amazon get these things to sell if they're not authorized? I could understand the policy if I bought from some shady online retailer from a 3rd world country ... but that's not the case here.

It's just a really unexpected policy for me to hear about. Do people normally go check manufacturer (as opposed to retailer) websites for warrantee policy when buying everyday items? I really don't care much about support, that's pretty much non-existent these days anyway, I would only expect manufacturers to handle warrantee repair/replacement of defective product.

Maybe URC doesn't have any manufacturer warrantee at all? (I don't know, I'm asking). Do they depend totally on 3rd party or retailer warrantees? That would be a rare exception in these times, where even a 20 cent Bic pen probably comes with manufacturer warrantee info on its packaging. (Who would actually send a cheap pen in for warrantee work?, but it's available.)

Hosting Services by ipHouse