The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday November 9, 2007 at 16:57
haertig
Lurking Member
November 2007
I am looking at possibly buying an MX-350 or MX-500. I stumbled across some posts in this forum that confused me, related to "authorized" vs. "unauthorized" dealers.

Do I understand the following correctly? If I buy an MX-500 or MX-350 from Amazon, URC will not honor any warrantee on the thing? And this is because these two models are considered "professional"? But if they were "consumer", then URC would warrant them? I don't see anything on the "professional" MX-350 that looks harder to program than the "consumer" RF20. Nothing that would make me think URC would void the warrantee if it weren't professionally programmed.

I can understand watching who you buy from if you're dealing with eBay scammers, but I'm not used to having to worry about voided warrantees when buying new product from large mainstream retailers like Amazon. Who would think to check online forums and company websites before buying a product at retail? I just stumbled onto this by accident.

Please let me know if I really understood what I thought I read about URC policies.

Hosting Services by ipHouse