Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Tuesday July 10, 2007 at 12:01
GPeck
Long Time Member
February 2003
Greg (and Daniel),

You'll notice that I'm a "long-time" member here... I've been here since my old "Pronto Pro" days. And, I probably didn't read every message in the section at issue because I got tired of the idiocy before most everybody else did. And, that's the great thing about a free-flowing forum of information--everybody can choose to read or not read what they want, without anyone making that decision for them!

Greg, you completely missed my point--Daniel, you kind of missed my point. My point, once again, is:

Despite the perceived "idiocy" or "uselessness" of posted messages, a truly free forum to discuss them must let them be exchanged.

While Daniel has the "right" to choose what can and cannot be discussed on his forums, he does his readers a disservice by becoming the "sole decider" of what is good commentary and what isn't good commentary.

And, I will be the first to say that most indications are that Daniel is not influenced by his paid banner ads. But, there's just the "possibility of influcence" when the same page listing his "There will be no more discussion about Universal Remote Control" message has a flashy paid banner ad at the top from... Universal Remote Control.

- George Peck -

Hosting Services by ipHouse