The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday January 3, 2008 at 18:25
mccoady
Founding Member
July 2001
I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with programming my mom's Onkyo AV receiver Off and On. Right now the audio and video of all of her devices are running straight into the Onkyo with it's video output going back to Video Input 1. Of course to watch her outside antenna for her local hi-def channels I have to switch the tv input to Ant 1.

Anyway everytime my mom turns on the tv I also need it to turn on the Onkyo (or there won't be any sound) plus when I turn off the tv I need it to turn off the Onkyo. How do I accomplish this?

I've never used a Power On and System Off Macro before but if I do that won't I loose the ability to actually use the Power button to turn off and on all her other devices idividually? I would like to keep the ability to power on her dvd and vcr (her other two devices) off and on using the power button if possible, I'm open to idea's on how to do this...

James Paul has offered:

I haven't used a MX-500 in years so I'm not sure but my best guesses:

1) Create a macro on the power on and off buttons for the tv that turns the TV and Receiver on/off together
2) Create a dummy device that you use to control power for devices
3) If the 500 has a favorites button map on and off inside those pages

I didn't think the first option would let me do what I wanted and I guess I don't fully understand the other two.

Hosting Services by ipHouse