The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Sunday June 24, 2007 at 00:35
Scott
Founding Member
July 2001
in reply to the comment above that the IRClone worked poorly......I too have had the product for several years and own 3 MX-500's. I too think it is a wonderful product and has saved me multiple times with backups of my remotes as well as markedly simplified programming, and allowed some programming that could not have been done otherwise. I still marvel at their ability to reverse engineer both the product and the software.

My only issue with the remotes are that some of the backlights have needed repair, but URC has stood behind them flawlessly and repaired them repeatedly at no charge (have sent remotes back probably about 4 times over many years (not always the same remote). (and actually need to send one of them back now) I would certainly buy other products from them based on how they support their products.

Having the IRClone allows me easily to quickly use the two remotes where I need them most when I send the third one in for repairs......and then to restore the three to their original purpose when I get them back from repair. It would be a real pain if I did not have the IRClone and would have had to do without a living room universal remote for several weeks at a time.

I posted this in a separate posting....but just curious......anyone use the IRClone with windows vista yet? I have recently bought a laptop with vista business on it, and wondered whether it is compatible with the IRClone, or if there are any problems?

Hosting Services by ipHouse