The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday October 9, 2008 at 19:35
BB850
Lurking Member
October 2008
I have tried "learning" the codes to the MX-700/850 from the Direct TV remote. That did seem to work in that the Universal remotes did copy the codes. But here's the problem: for technical reasons I do not understand, the Direct TV remote itself, while it can control the HR20 within the same room, the signal it sends does not have the power/frequency to carry the signal from the IR receivers I have in each room to the emitters on the HR20s that are housed in my basement. When I have the MX-700/850s learn the codes from the Direct TV remote, they copy not only the code, but the Direct TV remote's weaker signal as well. The 700/850 is then incapable of sending a signal that traverses my IR system. They only work when they are in the same room as the HR20 being controlled.

Codes downloaded directly from the MX-Editor software to the remote itself have never had this problem in over 3.5 years of constant use. What I need is for the HR20 ID2 code to be able to control the receiver when it is set to AV1/AV2 so that I can download it directly from my PC to the 700/850. Only then will it have the signal strength/frequency to work in my home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse