Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday September 22, 1999 at 15:14
DanKurts
Historic Forum Post
First, I do Not profess to be an expert, but have a lot of friends who are close to the sources. From several different "camps", the word is it's still too early to tell what will be compatible with what. Rumors are the DSS (Direct TV) will use a separate box and that can be put into the RGB inputs of the HD700. Problem with all these simplified solutions is that there are vast differences on HD sets in the way they sync up, display, and input the signals. The Pioneer uses a plug in card for HD conversion. Right now expensive. Suggestion: buy the satellite of your choice, I would recommend the Sony or RCA with 5.1 audio, Definetly buy the HD700, and wait for the rest. Many of my friends in the "High-End" business that don't want to spend the Large$ for projectors, have this very model in their home, even if they don't sell it. If I had the space, I would too.
Viewing: Rabbit ears can work well, IF you are in the right location. Read my explanation in one of the other threads here about "Watching TV Downtown..." There was a satellite company that was supposed to broadcast only HDTV from stations all over the US, but haven't seen it, they were advertising in the Home Theater.... This theoreticaly would give you another source through your video inputs with out the decoder.
Sorry to be vague, but that's what is really going on. But hey, a good DVD player on the HD700 looks great, and better than the regular Elite. As I mentioned in another thread, with a doubler, awesome. This I have installed and can confirm! The price is still usually below a projector system and can be watched in "normal" room light with out dedicating a room just for that.
Let us know what you get and how it works. If you want more help on antennas, e-mail me with specifics and I'll see what we can come up with.

Hosting Services by ipHouse