Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 13, 1999 at 01:15
bill
Historic Forum Post
Just wondering if anybody else is confused and upset at the fact that local channels (Fox, ABC, etc) can't be picked up with a dish. The dish product is far superior in quality to cable, but cable has what seems to be a monopoly on local access. You can get basic cable and still get DSS, but then your cost goes up and you double up on several channels needlessly. Then, there is the antenna. It takes a high powered antenna to pick up ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox clearly in most areas. Without these channels in superior quality is the DSS worth it? Other than ESPN, what other channels are watched more daily? I want to buy a DSS system desperately due the picture and sound quality, not to mention the pay per view and sports packages, but I am bewildered about the local channel access. I would be delighted if I could just pick up a national broadcast of the 4 big ones. It's my understanding that this is only possible under certain quirky situations. In addition, local access is only going to be for major areas. I don't live in a major area (Lexington, KY), but it is not the BFE either. What is going to happen and what are your thoughts about the issue? Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse