Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday January 4, 2000 at 09:30
billy c
Historic Forum Post
hi...Lew and Roger, i agree with both of you....u both make valid points , as i sell and install both types of systems.....i prefer directv simply for the sports, and both offer 32bit processor's by the various manufacturer's in their respective rcvrs.,although i feel that the output from the directv systems is superior to ' dish ', they both are very close....BUT a major difference on the east coast , or at least around massachusetts, is that u dont need a second dish, with a multi-switcher to get off-air reception from directv.....big plus, less wires, less matrixing in the system, equals= a picture with more gain from the source to ur tv set, or display device.....plus, there is a million used directv rcvrs and dishes out there, or at least around here for the pickin' as second , third or 4th receivers , THEY are real cheap.....their elliptical dish will also have a provision for a 3rd LNB within the month, besides the 2 that are supplied with it.
...which means, u will be able to get the Paratodas signal(spanish and ethnic channels), regular directv signals/programs, and the hi-def signals....all three, or any one or two of the three that u may choose..just aim the dish according to your satellite preference....DISH does not afford the end user that option....plus right after the CES show in Vegas, which is next week, u will hear about some more programming options , even more channels maybe, which will keep directv in the programming forefront;directv has a MUCH higher channel capacity than does dish, with many more transponders available since they purchased Primestar Satellite Co.....i guess they wanna stay 'numero uno '.....by the way PPV channels on directv are from chan's 100-200, which i think equates to around 100, plus or minus the dirty channels and johnny carson, and whatever BS propoganda channels they may want to use.....happy satellite tuning
billy c
northeast satcomm

Hosting Services by ipHouse