Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday November 16, 2003 at 01:39
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 11/14/03 19:03, swfla.rr.com said...
open a Xantech "The Book" and find the value of
the resistor needed.

My "The Book" has many many pages. Could you suggest which product has the info that you are referring to?

Another way is to open any
4 or 10 way block and go to The shack and buy
it. It goes in line on the signal or white stripe
or positive wire. The non amplified connecting
blocks are really no more then emitters in parrelell(?)
to each other and a resistor on every signal conductor....

Well, yeah, that's true, but it looks like you are telling me how to take the output of the RF extender and use a resistor to limit its current so it can feed one LED, like the Xantech 789-44 does.

But what I need is a signal from the extender that can feed directly to several devices, just as the output from, say, a dinky link can. A dinky link's output can go to a 789-44, which feeds up to four LEDs through 470 ohm resistors, as well as a CC12, an RT8, and an AV switch (forget the model number). The 789-44, CC12, RT8, and AV are all in parallel, just as they would be on any Xantech system shown in "The Book."

If I follow your instructions and add a resistor in series with the extender output, I will have the analog of a single 789-44 output, which, for instance, cannot properly feed current to four LEDs through another 789-44.

I hope I have been more clear this time.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse