The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 28, 2001 at 18:32
dkupper
Founding Member
August 2001
I just wanted to say that with all of the talk about a class action law suite over the dish player, I am a little shaky about the choice I made. I love my setup, but may be afraid to upgrade to a new player if Dish introduces one. (and I really want a Dual tuner HD PVR).

I was a DirecTV customer, and had some issues with the service I received. I then moved to Dish.. I love the Dish and the service that has gone with it! However I have been thinking of going back to Direct. They have so many features that I feel Dish is missing. "DirectTivo, Ultimate TV, etc.." I am in a real bind. I want the quality of service and picture I get with Dish but the availability of equipment that comes with having Direct.

I now have the E* HD6000 and love it. I also have another dish 500 hooked into a TiVo unit (I modified the IR on the Dish to only work with the TiVo Signal) but I feel I am missing out on DD and a few other items that have been introduced to DirecTV. I love dish, but I may make the jump if Direct comes out with an HD version of a PVR.
Any thoughts?

Thanks, I just had to get it off my chest and see if anyone else feels the same.
Don

Hosting Services by ipHouse