The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 29, 2001 at 17:47
Dan DeBehnke
Founding Member
July 2001
Anybody else out there having problems with Ultimate TV reception that began yesterday? I got a new RCA 490RE receiver for christmas. I set it up and it worked great for 2 days. I loved it! Then yesterday it started acting a little funny...some channels would drop out etc. I watched a recorded movie last night and then when I went back to the program guide it was gone. No signal.

I spent 1 hour last night and 2 hours this morning on the phone with both Direct TV and RCA. Direct TV says it is a receiver problem. RCA says it is a problem with the new Direct TV satellite and they have received numerous calls about it. Direct TV said to get a new receiver, RCA said to sit tight and wait for Direct TV to fix the problem.

I know it is not a installation or LNB problem since I have 2 other RCA receivers (not ultimate TV) that work fine. I know it is not a multiswitch problem for the same reason. The two RCA non-ultimate TV receivers work fine when connected to the multiswitch. The problem is that usually one of the ultimate TV receiver tuners does not lock on the satellite signal. I get a "retrieving program guide" message on screen that does not go away. I tried taking the multiswitch out of the picture and took LNB A and B right to the ultimate TV receiver and it still does the same thing. I even went out and returned the original receiver and got another one (same kind). Same problem. RCA says it is a problem with the transponders. There is no signal on transponders 4, 12, 16 and 20. They state that the program guide is located on transponder 16 and direct TV moved it. This seems to be a problem with ultimate TV only.

Thoughts and comments would be appreciated!

Hosting Services by ipHouse