Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday May 11, 2001 at 21:35
Steve13
Historic Forum Post
I'll generally concur with the guide and menu issues, but to me that aren't that big a deal because I seldom use them.

With regard to the fan, it IS noisy, but my experience has been that it is about as loud as the Sony HD100. The difference is that the Sony fan is always on, even if the unit is off. The Panasonic fan shuts down when you power off. I can live with this because when I'm watching TV, the volume is loud enough to hide the fan noise. When I watching another source, I just power off the receiver and the fan stops.

Also, the Panasonic does have "sort of" have a OTA signal meter. Inside the chassis, there are a series of red and green lights which flash based on signal strength. They are visible only if you look down from above and through the air vents. Certainly not a very elegant solution, but slightly better than nothing.

I've had the problem of it losing all info a couple of times. That is the most frustrating thing to me. Supposedly that will be fixed with the software update.

All in all, I kept this receiver for the same reason as Dave, it simply has the best picture quality of any HD receiver I've seen.

By the way, I can't even get OTA HD, so all I can view is HBOHD and the demo channel. I still am glad I bought it!

Hosting Services by ipHouse