Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday April 3, 2001 at 14:56
Steve13
Historic Forum Post
After a few weeks of researching, I finally went ahead and got the Panasonic TU-HDS20 HDTV receiver. First impressions.....
First, despite what has been posted here by others, this receiver has NOT been recalled. That word comes directly from Panasonic, as well as a couple of large resellers, and one large distributor.

Picture quality is excellent. Not one dropout (audio or video) since I got it up and running. I really like in that it basically has a built in scaler and will upconvert any source to 1080i, or whatever resolution you select. It has the ability to output any input resolution at ANY output you select. 480i, 480P, 540p, 720p, or 1080I. You can also select the native mode and it will output at the same resolution as the input.It makes regular SDTV very, very viewable on my 85" FPTV screen.

I can't get OTA HDTV, so I can't test that portion of the receiver.

Guide is very, very slow,(Sony always has had the best guides), but usuable. Channel changes are a bit slow also. Word is a software update will be downloaded later this month to improve these areas.

Unit has a fan, which is fairly noisy, but it does shut off when the unit shuts off, unlike the Sony and Mits.

IR receiver is not the best, and benefits greatly from my IR distribution system.

All in all, I'm happy with the unit. The most important thing is picture quality and this unit is suberb. Software upgrades will improve it's weakpoints.

Hosting Services by ipHouse