Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday March 9, 2002 at 19:45
ECHOSLOB
Founding Member
February 2002
Jeff,

The reason I was leaning towards the multi-switch is because both sides of the LNB are independant of each other. You could possibly be correct though as both sides go into the multiswitch. I have seen an LNB bad on one side effect 2 IRD's but I don't remember if they were going through a muli-switch or going direct. Point is I am 90% sure it is one or the other. If you feel the new switch is good install a new 101 and see what happens. Being intermittent this will be hard to diagnose while it is working fine without changing parts anyway. I don't like swapping parts out like that without knowing for sure but in some cases like this you don't really have a choice unless you are there while it is happening.

LARRY,

Swapping cables wouldn't have an effect on the voltage. The voltage is produced from the IRD. You could have both IRD's sending 18 volts at the same time. You would need to change channels and check the voltage from the IRD to the LNB to see if it changes. I guess in a rare case a bad IRD could cause both to go out and something to look into after the LNB,switch and cables first.

Hosting Services by ipHouse