The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday March 12, 2002 at 10:15
B K'witz
Founding Member
January 2002
I ordered a 3 X 8 cascading multiswitch from Smarthome. It's their part number 77923X8 and its on page 46 of their latest catalog. The part is described (in photo and words) as an STV Model SAT-A90II Digital multi-switch with 3 Inputs , 8 Outputs and 3 extra outputs that pass through to another switch.

I intended to put the new switch in the attic and feed the bedrooms (using 2 for the TIVO) and then feed the existing 4 port multiswitch in the basement( which feeds the downstairs tv's) from the pass through ports on the new switch.

Smarthome sent me a 3 X 8 multiswitch made by Millennium Enterprises-- Model SAT-A98. When I called to say they sent the wrong switch, they couldn't figure it out-- said they don't have the SAT-A90II (notwithstanding their catalog) and said to just send it all back for a refund. Tech support was no help. They blamed the manufacturer for providing the wrong info. Customer service was useless.

2 days later I got a power supply for the "SAT-A90II" (which was backordered) which doesn't fit the SAT-A98 so there definitely must be a SAT-A90II somewhere.

I want an 8 port cascading multi-switch where the 2 switches can be separated by about 40 feet. Any ideas? I couldn't find "STV" if they are a manufacturer. I've been told that if I use 2 of the 8 ports on the 3 X 8 switch to feed another switch, the 2 switches must be close together( 1-2 feet). True??

Please help. Thanks

Barry
"Possession of a Lawyer is nine-tenths of the law"
www.kgglaw.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse