The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday March 28, 2002 at 11:13
jfetter
Founding Member
December 2001
Well, as promised, I wanted to update anyone interested in this topic. I hooked everything up as planned last night and to my surprise (though it seems a logical conclusion) it worked perfectly. I used the multiswitch in the wiring hub to "extract" the off-air/CATV signal I feed in from a diplexer in my Theater to be able to route it to the TV upstairs. Apparently, a signal can be diplexed in either direction and the multiswitch off-air/CATV input works just like a diplexer and can be either an input or output, depending on the need. In my case I don't have CATV (high speed internet yes, cable TV, ick!) and wanted to use the multiswitch to extract a modulated video feed from the Theater into the master bedroom. This allows me to watch DVD, Satellite ot view the 400 CD-changer titles from bed (I have an infrared eye in the ceiling that passes signals downstairs to the Theater).

If anyone finds this unclear and is interested in doing something similar, just ask, I can attempt to re-phrase it if necessary...

Thanks again Larry for all your help!

Jack Fetter

Hosting Services by ipHouse