diplexer before the multiswitch at the
upper end to "filter" the modulator signal out
of the coax before it gets to a multiswitch
output connector.

I would not feed a signal into an output, as there
is circuitry within the multiswitch, besides the
diplexing, that is probably not two-way capable,
as it's most likely not passive.

I was under the impression that a multiswitch with an off-air/CATV input functioned like a simple diplexer (not the entire multiswitch obviously, just the combining of 2 signals). Can it really be one-way? By Passive vs Active do you mean powered? The Terk is not powered, though I am not sure if that factors into the equation.

I did purchase some extra diplexers as my original idea was to use 2 but then I started thinking, that the input on the multiswitch for off-air/CATV seems to be nothing more than a diplexer input/output. Will harm come if I try and user the multiswitch to seperate the signals? Should I use a DC block filter someplace?

Please let us know if this works. I'm sure there
are others who could benefit from your experience.
That's why we're here!

I absolutely will, I plan on swapping out my SAT-A55 with the SAT-W60 on Friday, I'll let you know how it all worked out. I do plan on trying to feed the modulated signal into a diplexer in the Theater and extract if via the multiswitch first unless someone comes back and says not to. I truely don't see how that input on the multiswitch is anything other than the same thing as a regular diplexer.

Thanks again Larry...

Jack Fetter

Hosting Services by ipHouse