The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday March 19, 2002 at 09:14
jfetter
Founding Member
December 2001
On 03/19/02 02:19.00, Larry Fine said...
To explain how a multiswitch works, and why splitting
one (the A) cable won't work...

Thank's for the explanation Larry. Now that I understand (or think I do), I do have a follow up question. If a dual LNB really works like 2 single LNB's, I am still not quite certain why I can't split just the "A" or "B" side in my theater. I do understand I can't split the signal from a multiswitch (already split) but that is not what I am suggesting. I do not yet have the multiswitch hooked up yet, I purchased one (Terk) and am prepared to hook it up as I do need more than 2 feeds now. Should I hook it up at my gateway hub and feed 2 of the multiswitched feeds down to the theater (as you suggest) or feed one of the LNB feeds down to the theater and split it there? Maybe I am missing something and you can't split the signal from a single LNB and it is just a bad assumption.

I swear I read you post but the part about it being treated as two single LNB's (and assuming you can split a single LNB) confuses me. Also, if you answer no to the split, can you verify that using the multiswitch at the gateway hub and feeding 2 of the outputs down to the theater, using a diplexer on one of the multiswitched feeds to feed the modulated channels back up to the multiswitch, where I can then feed that to anyplace I want, will work.

Hopefully you followed that...

Thanks for the reply,

Jack Fetter

Hosting Services by ipHouse