The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Sunday May 26, 2002 at 17:15
doctor15
Founding Member
May 2002
I have Charter Communications digital cable, and I'm actually relativly happy with it. My box only had a pucnhout for s-video, and no digital outputs, even though it said dolby digital on the front, and that made me really angry, but when I called and complained, they said I could pick up the box with all the proper outputs for free, and they just gave out the crappier ones because most people didnt have a need for the better one. I havnt gotten it yet, so I'm not sure about the digital audio deal. I thought even if it was analog sound, the box would convert it to digital, so I only had one output to my reciever, but I have to plug in anolog sound too? As far as picture quality, I actually do notice a difference even on the normal channels (<100), from before having no cable box. I am not sure if they are digital or not, however. On my TV, it probably wont make much of a difference anyway. The main reason I wanted it was for the extra channels, so I'm happy. If i got satellite, it would cost me alot more, becuase I have 5 TVs, but I only need good quality and all the extra channels on one TV. With cable I just have digital on one TV, but with satellite I'ld need to pay $5 for every TV, plus pay for equitment, which Chater provided me with. I agree that for people with HDTVs and other high quality TVs that satellite is alot better, but for me I'm much better off with digital cable.

Hosting Services by ipHouse