Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Wednesday October 3, 2001 at 00:48
larry
Founding Member
August 2001
Guys,

Thanks for all your comments on Digital cable is it a scam or not? As most of you know I have been doing really highend Home Automation systems in houses for 6 years and worked as a highend custom installer for 11 years and the cable people they hire from management right down to the pencil sharpen boy need no formal education to work for a cable company. GET THIS!!! I live in So. California. We have Cox Cable. I had one of their Cable Install Jockeys call me from the customers house asking me how to install HIS digital Cable box to the customers TV and VCR. No stereo hook up needed either. I was floored by this question and told him to enroll into cable school and this time try to stay awake in class. After he told me F**k off and die. I got hold of the local VP of operations if I asked if I could have a job in upper management in tech support. His first question was what qualifications do I have. I said I was over qualified for the JOB! I said I have no idea how to hook stuff up, I was a highschool drop out at 16, spent the last 4 years in jail for murder. I told him I killed a guy with some Coax wire around his neck. Have not watched TV in the past 4 years and need a job since my release from jail. I also said that I could do the VP's job as well and would be willing to start out at the bottom stocking the break room refirdge. or be the channel changer boy in the break room or be a pencil sharpen boy and/or run the copy machine if need be before I became an installer and got my own truck. Who has no brain needed for the job. I was hung up on. Hence I will stay as a programmer for AMX for now.

Hosting Services by ipHouse