Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday July 7, 2001 at 01:36
Larry
Historic Forum Post
My local cable provider is offering digital cable. their sales pitch is it's all digital just like a digital satellite receiver box. After doing a lot of research on the matter. I learned that the only thing digital about it is the 40 Mono Music channels and the 40 PPV channels None of which support DD/AC3. When asked whith of the new Digital set top boxes will have coax or toslink digital outs they said no plans in the future to offer Digital Bitstream or Digital PCM. I asked what about HDTV through the Cable. No plans in the future for that either. We do not have the extra bandwith needed for HDTV. We feel more people will want to use our new cable TV phone service. I don't even have Cable TV in my house. I want to know, "do other people feel that DIGITAL CABLE TV is a SCAM?" Why would I want Digital into my Cable box only to be converted back to analoge? They tell me that the digital channels work in the 600MHZ freq. Does that not seem a little slow for digital transmissions? Next the cable people stress that you shoud not amp the Cable feed coming into your house due to over amping the Digital Channels. So all my Analoge channels look like CRAP so my Digital can look OK. IS THIS NOT A SCAM also?

Hosting Services by ipHouse