The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday May 4, 2002 at 10:16
Richard Skinner
Founding Member
May 2002
I currently have a Denon AVR-5700 receiver and I output the multi-room source to a Denon AVR-3200 receiver. My problem is when I'm outside I can control the volume and mute etc. on the AVR-3200 unit by using that remote and pointing it thru a window. This works fine but I have to cover up the remote sensor on the other unit or it will change also. They both use the same IR codes. Now if I want to change the multi-room source from CD to say TIVO or FM tuner I have to go inside and change it manually on the AVR-5700. Will the ProntoPro communicate with each Denon receiver separately and how can it do this? I called Denon and they said that the only way around this problem was to buy a RC616 remote receiver and wire it outside. This would cost $400. If I'm going to spend that much money I might as well invest in a ProntoPro and get the additional functionality of a universal remote to control my 2 TIVOs, DVD player, Yamaha CD jukebox with a 20 gig hd, etc. I wish there was a way to reprogram the remotes so one would send out an IR code of zero and the other would send out an IR code of one much the same as the TIVO remotes work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse