The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Saturday July 13, 2002 at 14:18
ItsColdInMN
Long Time Member
June 2002
Dish would still serve me best, I watch a lot of TV, and even though the TWC analog channels look fine, you can tell they're still analog. It's not a big deal really, but a dish would be nicer. AT&T didn't have a HD box, I didn't get HD until I switched. The only problem I had with switching was they had to put a trench through my backyard to burry the cable. I just didn't want to cut down trees or mount my dish somewhere stupid. AT&T really doesn't care...it's sad. TWC has some bad installers too, but they care a lot more about the customer. They're trying to keep them, not piss them off. I have only 1 personal friend with a dish, he got it because he lives out in a new development that didn't have cable when he moved in and wouldn't get it for another year. He has to get his locals through the dish because roof-top antennas aren't allowed in that city, and there's no attic access. But I've been there watching TV in his HT before and even in just moderate rain, his signal would drop out and get glitches. I have no idea how the dish is aimed, it might not be perfect, but his backyard is a desert, no trees whatsoever, and across the street behind his house is a corn field, so an obstruction isn't the cause. So that's like the only bad dish problem I've seen.

Hosting Services by ipHouse