The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday August 2, 2002 at 18:42
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Larry, the two dishes are a great cheap idea, but now that a third satellite is up there...will there ever be more?

kabster, at some point DTV channels will also be on VHF, like when the present ones go away, so I am still installing VHF/UHF antennas. I like the Winegard GhostKiller best as I have never had a single problem with it, anywhere from 3 miles to 70 miles from the Los Angeles broadcasting towers.

Wait -- I said DTV ! Did I mean Digital TV or DirecTV? I had been in the habit of abbreviating DirecTV as dtv until I recently realized how confusing that can be. See if this makes sense, for clarity --

HDTV means those broadcasts that are in 1080i or 720p, not 480i upconverted, which means it is damn little programming right now. Up to two weeks ago, I was referring to all OTA digital broadcasts as HDTV, but they are not.
DTV means all those channels, now almost all on UHF, that we have been referring to as HDTV, which are digital TV, so, DTV.
DirecTV is, well, DirecTV.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse