The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday July 17, 2003 at 11:49
JPinTO
Lurking Member
July 2003
After that wordy preamble... here was my problem. The UHF radio remote from the second bedroom is flakey in performance AND the remote SUCKS big time. So, I wanted to use my own learning remote from the bedroom... BUT no such luck.

As mentioned above, the TV's that are located away from the RG2000 box control it via RF and there is no learning remote on the market currently that will broadcast RF commands. (This is totally different from the IR remotes that uses Radio as a distance extender.)

By comparing the 2 remotes that were in my possession, I realized that even though one was IR and the other was RF, they were the identical remote. So the SRC200 remote is capable of transmitting EITHER IR or UHF but not at the same time.

Also, the SRC-200 controls the volume and power on/off of your TV. Knowing how to program it for different Televisions is important.

Since no documentation on programming the remote was provided, and the technical help was zero from the provider... I took to the web. After many weeks of failed attempts, I finally located the programming info for this SRC200 remote... here it is. The information uses the cryptic A and B buttons located at the top of the remote.

By using this info, I was able to change the UHF remote to IR. The RG2000 doesn't care whether IR or UHF is controlling it. Once you change the remote to IR, you can use any available learning remote on the market to control it... including the ones that feature Radio range extenders.

PS: Note that you use these instructions at your own risk, don't blame me if it doesn't work or you mess something up.

Hosting Services by ipHouse