The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday July 17, 2003 at 11:48
JPinTO
Lurking Member
July 2003
Sorry for the windy acronym filled post, but I want this thread to be a reference to anybody who needs to do what I'm doing.

The post is in reference to the Next Level Communications (NLC) VDSL Residential Gateway RG-2000 (RG2000) TV box.

The NLC RG2000 is a VDSL (Very high speed Digital subscriber Lines) based 3-channel box that provides TV and internet services from your phone company provider to Multiple Dwelling Units (MDU's ie: Condos).

My specific phone provider is Canadian Bell ExpressVu telephone & satellite provider, but this same unit is in use in many US based telephone providers.

To make sure we're talking about the same unit, here's NLC's PDF file for the unit: [Link: nlc.com]

The box feeds 3 separate TV feeds allowing you to watch 3 different video/audio programs simultaneously on different televisions.

Each of the 3 channels has a separate remote control (Model#: NLC SRC-200), which operate in either IR (infrared) or UHF (Radio frequency) mode. The IR mode is used in the room where the RG2000 box is located (ie: probably your living room). The UHF Radio modes are used for the remotes in other rooms as IR needs line of sight.

Hosting Services by ipHouse