Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Friday July 8, 2005 at 15:47
barlow
September 2004
On 7/7 and today I had trouble with more than one OTA digital station, in particular last night 5.1 acted up and this morning 11.1. I would have a solid 80 to 90 percent signal strength and than a minute later it would drop to 45 or so and than go back to 80 or 90.

It was similar to in the past when I was experiencing multi path problems which I thought I had resolved.

I am guessing that it may be from the heavy rainstorm that was moving through the area which could have been messing wtih signal strength or causing mult path problems. Or since my 4228 is mounted in the attic maybe rain water had built up on the roof reflecting the signal or what ever.

The only other thing that has changed is that I had reassembled the plastic cover back on my remote Radio Shack A/B switch which I use to select between the 4228 and my SS 2000. The reason the cover was off to begin with is that it would not work at all on one side of the switch when I first got it and I took it apart to see if there was a loose connection. I did not find one and attributed the problem to a 75 ohm jack that had some dirt in it from the factory on the A/B switch.

Tonight I will take the A/B switch completely out of the circuit and see what happens.

Don B

Hosting Services by ipHouse