Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Friday May 20, 2005 at 16:54
ontariocraig
Long Time Member
September 2004
I agree with Truck Slammer Supreme.

I used to have antenna attic mounted, and would constantly be tweaking and adjusting to get channel A which would then have a negative effect on Channel B, so I tinker some more, now Channel A & B is fine but no channel C if the weather is bad...and so on; frustrating.

Since I mounted on the roof, I've simply sat back and enjoyed. - with the one exception of CBC-E, though that seems to be working lately...but that channel is just a "nice to have, but not essential" for me.

Sure it's not pretty, I guess it depends on your neighborhood, and the broadcasters in your area. I'm in an older neigborhood where others have big VHF antennas, so in that context mine dont look so bad.

If you get a nice weekend, you could just try throwing up a temporary mount of some kind, and drop the coax thru the window - just to see if the results would be worth it before commiting to anything further, depending on your location and which way your facing, you may be lucky and be able to mount it at the rear of your house, on your roof at about roofline height - barely noticable from the front.

Hosting Services by ipHouse