The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday February 16, 2005 at 16:36
ontariocraig
Long Time Member
September 2004
Yeah, still didnt get my SIR-TS160 upgraded yet. It just goes into a reboot cycle when tuned to WGRZ and WKBW. - eventually it'll do this all channels. Stupid copy protection flag.

I may try putting up a sat dish temporarily to try one last time and get it upgraded, - but then I have to buy a dish; I had it hooked up to a friends dish for a couple of weeks without success. -.

failing that I'll have to consider shipping it to SamsungUSA and deal with all the border hassles and shipping expenses that involves. (samsung wont ship to Canada, so I'll have to get a courier to accept it for me, then drive for two hours to pick it up)....Still, with all the expenses these options entail, If I have to drive a couple hours I may be better off just cutting my losses and buy a shiney new 451 while Im "south of the Border" (That doesnt mean Mexico !!:-)

For me it's just a second reciever I wanted to use on a regular TV, I have my SIR-T151 which is working great. I was able to update that using a PC Serial port.

I'll be intersted to hear of your results of 4228 in the attic, I may try an attic mounted 4228 after the Buffalo stations go full power. Right now I have a 4248 on the roof which works great - very reliable, even at 65 or so miles from the transmission towers. But not pretty.

Not much room in my attic for moving a 4248 around, so I'm thinking a 4228 may do the trick, but I dont want to try attic mounting until they're broadcasting at full power, likely to be sometime before that happens. I did have my 4248 in the attic briefly - I squeezed it in there, but coudnt get it in the direction I wanted - The result was that it picked up some of the available channels, but the reliability was....well, it wasnt.

On 02/16/05 10:29 ET, barlow said...
Craig,

Thanks for the feed back.

I am getting a Channel Master 4228 in the mail
today that I will install in the attic. I am hoping
it will receive PBS better. I plan to use it to
replace the small RCA tv top antenna with built
in amp.

I have the Square Shooter on the other side of
the attic where the signal is strongest for the
stations facing in that direction.

Maybe I could have just swapped the two existing