Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday February 15, 2005 at 11:01
barlow
September 2004
PBS digital signal lost again last night due to a Spring Rain passing thru.

I am beginning to think that digital OTA is effected by rain.

I need to hook up the antenna to my analog tuner and see how much the Analog signal for PBS is effected by rain. It should be a good test as it appears from Antennaweb.org that both the digital and the analog transmit antennas are located very close together.

Other obs:
Both WB and UPN which came in on 22.1 and 28.1 respectively switched to 57 and 27 respectively. What is that all about ?

And what I find troubling is:
How does a Sat signal being beamed from outerspace come in stronger than a broadcast antenna 25 miles from me broadcasting in the Megawatt range ?

Does a tv transmit antenna have that much more horizontal occulting of the signal as opposed to a Sat signal just beaming thru the upper atmosphere ? I can't believe that Sat tranmission is that high power. Maybe it is the frequency that Sats are allowed to use or because Sats don't interfere with each other like TV antennas do.

Why can't HD TV stations put up additonal repeater antennas like Cell phone towers do ? Is it a revenue thing , or interfernece thing, or just a fcc approval thing ?

Where is Tesla when you need him ??????????

-Don B

Hosting Services by ipHouse