The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday September 1, 2005 at 14:29
Brock Landers
Lurking Member
September 2005
HELP! I can't stand this anymore! About 9 months ago, I lost the remote that came with my DishPro 510 Satellite/PVR receiver. Well, My then 2 year old may have something to do with it but at any rate I can't find it.
Dish want $50 for a new one. I figure if I'm going to get a new remote, maybe a universal will be nice. A few months ago I got a Philips (I think) that would turn the box on and off and switch channels but that was all it would do. No menu or PVR functions. I returned it. So then yesterday, I was at Best Buy and saw the Kameleon 9960B01 which, according to their manual, works with DishPro satellite/PVR receivers. Well, it set up great for all of my components but did nothing with the DishPro. I called Dish and they told me the ONLY remote that works with the 510 is the one they sell. Kameleon told me the remote wouldn't work with the 510. BUT, I read on some review site somewhere a post from someone who said it DID work for him. DISH and Kameleon say it's because of the UHF but I know that I was able to get the Philips IR remote to work with it to some extent. Another thing is that my 510 is set to channel 5 for the remote because of a conflict with a neighbor's remote.
What I'm wondering is, is it worth it to track down a Dish remote in order to change my 510 back to channel 1 (it's default setting) or am I wasting my time? Does anyone know if this remote works with the 510 OR does anyone have any suggestions for a universal remote that would work with it? All of my other stuff is Sony so that shouldn't be a big factor in choosing a remote.
Thanks for any help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse