The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday October 22, 2005 at 21:53
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I have been pushing DirecTV for years, sneering in disgust at the cable companies over their ridiculously poor picture and poor service.

Well, the service is the same, or worse, but DirecTV's is worse now, especially with installers, as I often have to schedule them for a time when I can be at the client's house to minimize the work they create for me.

But DirecTV cannot compete with the cable companies in my area for the number of channels and the relevancy of the channels available as HD. I mean, it is cooler to watch college TV on NBC, CBS and ABC than it is once more to count the number of hairs on a flea's left vesicle on DiscoveryHD, or on Mark Cuban's head on HDN. Just being able to approximate the number of players on the bench from the TV picture is stunning. And these pictures move, too!

But back to it. I am not a fan of DirecTV HD programming because of its limitations, so if I were buying HD, I would get the best set I could get right now and get an HD DVR.

Unless it were a MOXI box. Those should be grenaded. Imagine a modern box without a guide! And so slow!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse