The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday October 24, 2005 at 11:20
Spiky
Founding Member
May 2001
Idiots. Never assume the CSRs know what they are talking about. The HD Tivo has a one year warranty. The SD Tivo has a 90 day warranty. They got them mixed up. The repair/maintenance plan you are paying for will cover them, anyway, so no big deal. Frankly, the plan is a waste of money for a Tivo. You can get them repaired properly for $100 usually from 3rd parties, even the infamous HDMI failure for HD Tivos. Or, most repairs can be done yourself. They are a linux computer and people have hacked them through and through. More is known about the Tivo than Windows. Much easier for most to simply pull the hard drive out and fix/replace it themselves. I've only had 1 repair on my 3 Tivos. It turned out to be the internal power cable for the hard drive. Replaced it for $6 myself.

Ernie, that sounds like the new, non-Tivo boxes. They haven't sold Tivos like that before. Their decision to be the only seller of sat receivers is really bad. It's going to kill their customer service completely. Or already has.

Hosting Services by ipHouse