The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday October 21, 2005 at 23:54
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Yeah, read the fine print. The person talking can be wrong.

I say this after spending the better part of an hour on the phone yesterday with DirecTV. My client wants a non-HD DirecTiVo.

First person tells me that they are $200 with a $100 rebate, and come in 40 gig, 80 gig, and 120 gig versions. After I ask her twice, the second time in REAL obvious terms, if I really can get a unit that records three times as much as the first one, for the same price, she tells me that maybe she gave me misinformation and she will transfer me to the proper department. She transfers me to billing.

The billing guy transfers me to installation. The call drops.

I was insisten on getting a direct number for installation before being transferred, and had to fight to get it, but now I can call back directly. I do so, and the person there does not know what the capacity is of the units that they have. She just knows that they can't guarantee any particular brand, or apparently any particular recording capacity. Cell call drops before coming to a conclusion.

Read the fine print!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse