The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday October 24, 2005 at 14:38
serpantor
Long Time Member
August 2005
Well I know from experience that my sat looked like crap when I ran the standard coax into my tv. even the red/white/yellow AV cables look crappy. The best I could do with the dishnet 3100 is connect it to my s-video input which is capable of a pure digital signal. Its not 480p but it looks damn good. Digital sat is about 500 lines res (dvd) quality on average. I'd check the connection on the back of the sat receiver and see if you have s-video output. If you do I'm sure your HD tv has a s-video input as well. try setting it up that way. If you have already set it up this way then I am sorry about your bad picture quality and suggest investing a bit of money into avia's guide to home theatre. I noticed a huge difference when I set up a friends HD system from analog cable (COAX) to a digital cable box using component. S-video is as close to component as you can get.
Here is a AV chart that sony put in my tv manual from worst pic quality to best
COAX (standard cable feed) (unless it RG6 from antenna feed for HD)
Composite (Red/White/Yellow)
S-video
component
DVI
HDMI (dvi/hdmi are pretty much the same although the new hd-dvd blue ray discs support a new 1080p resolution standard that is apparantly going to travel via HDMI

Good Luck
More digital content please

Hosting Services by ipHouse