The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 8, 2005 at 17:10
toddklost
Lurking Member
August 2005
I wanted to start a thread specific to HD-HTPCs in Toronto. I am having great success with my HD-HTPC now, I have a lot of experience setting up HTPC rigs, I would be happy to help anyone out. (and hopefully someone can help me out with some of my problems.)

I'm in the Toronto Beaches (Off Woodbine) and I get the following with my ATI HDTV Wonder + Stock antenna w/10DB amp and 30ft cable. I was told I can damage the HDTV Wonder with this amp, but with 30ft cable I doubt it

02-1 NBC HD
04-1 CBS HD
05-1 CBC HD
07-1 ABC HD
23-1 CBC HD (same as 4-1)
23-3 UPN SD
25-1 CBC French
29-1 Fox HD
40-4 CFTO-CTV HD (9-1?, 40-3?)
43-1 WNED PBS HD
43-3 Think B
53-1 CityHD
66-1 Toronto 1 HD

By the way, without the 10DB amp I don't get half of these channels, the stock antenna works great for me, I would recommend moving around your room and find the sweat spot like I did. (South-east corner of my room pointing to lake ontario)

FYI: I was in Etobicoke a few months back (401/Islington) on the 11th floor and I got the same channels, with the amp of course.

When I started fooling around with Windows XP MCE 2005, I can't stress enough how amazing this OS works with the HDTV Wonder, from the superior program guide to recording quality.

However on the the annoyances (I am destined to fix these issues!)
With channels 5-1 and 25-1, the CBC english and French channels, won't tune in MCE 2005, that is why I dual boot with Professional since I installed ATI Multimedia Center there where I can get both CBC HD channels!. Has anyone got CBC HD working in MCE 2005?, if I can get CBC HD in MCE2005 I would dump the ATI software in a heartbeat, MCE2005 is far supperior. I have heard one report that its a sub-channel issue with 5-1 & 25-1, but I added the channel "5-1" in MCE2005 and left the antenna position as it was when working in ATI's software, not sure why its not coming in?

Bring on the new hockey season!

HTPC setup:
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
1gig 200MHZ DDR
DFI Infinity NForce 2 w/Soundstorm, DD 5.1 Live enabled
ATI 9700 128 meg
ATI HDTV Wonder (w/Kram drivers in MCE2005 to use Analogue tuner + Canada Patch to get HD working)
Fortissmo II with SixPack 5.1+ Driver (optical connected to Panasonic HE-100 Receiver)
Tannoy FX 5.1 Speakers
Silverstone case
Dual Boot Windows XP Media Center 2005 + Windows XP Professional.
>>> VGA cable Sanyo PLV-Z1 with 94" Screen.
>>> S-Video to Panasonc 27".

Hosting Services by ipHouse