Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday December 5, 2005 at 13:15
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Larry,
I have seen that on displays that will show HD.

You are already set up to take a 480i signal and upconvert it to a higher frequency, and your display it set to show that properly.

If you now send 480p to the converter, it will try to upconvert it, and will give you twice as many pixels again. That is why you get two images side by side.

You have to get that upconverter out of the path or turn it off or set it so it will only upconvert 480i, if there is such a setting. Your projector is set correctly, so there are not changes to make there.

A client who insisted on buying a boardroom projector over the internet a couple of years ago finally got HD cable, and was disappointed (boo hoo) to find that the component input of the projector could not display anything more than 480i via the component input. Well, it could show 480p, and 720p with 10% of the screen blanked at the left, and 1080i with about 20% blanked at the left...

The solution: Key Digital CTCA3 Component to VGA transcoder.

This took the component signal in and passed it through. He can look at a 480i signal on the component input if he wants to.

It also converts the signal to VGA (just a pinout change, not a frequency conversion), and has a VGA output for that reason.

Incidentally, it also has a VGA pass-through so that if a computer signal is present, it will go on to the display. I believe the presence of sync on the component input will switch away from the computer signal. This is an unbelievably elegant device and well worth it at $300.00.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse