Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday November 27, 2005 at 19:13
Mitch57
June 2003
I have Direct TV and am using a Tivo HR10-250 HD DVR connected to my Panasonic TH-50PX50U Plasma TV via HDMI. Somewhere between 15 and 30 minutes(I haven't timed it yet) after turning on the TV and the DVR the screen goes black for about 2 to 3 seconds and then returns to normal. During this 2 to 3 second screen black out I still hear sound. I have only seen this black screen apear once during each viewing session. In other words, I don't see it happen the rest of the time that I am watching TV until I turn the TV off and put the DVR in standby.

I have also checked the DVR to see if the resolution changes on the DVR (i.e., indicator LEDs switching from 480i/480p/720p/1080i). It remains constant at whatever I have it set at. I currently have it set for either 720p or 1080i.

Initially I thought it was isolated to HD channels but today I saw it happen on a SD station. Direct TV claims they know nothing about this and have not seen it before. I am suspecitng that the problem is most likely in the DVR and the way it's communicating with the HDMI connection. I am using an Accoustic Research HDMI cable.

Anyone else ever experience this strange behavior?

Hosting Services by ipHouse