Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday December 14, 2005 at 18:36
avis21
Long Time Member
February 2004
Thanks for the input.

Here was an e-mail I sent/recieved from DTV:

Hi,

I may order your service but I understand that you will be coming out with a new dish and recievers that will get the locals in HD. When will this be available in the Chicago, IL area? Will I be able to get a HD DVR as well. What Chicago local channels will I recieve?

DTV:

We've got good news! We've begun to roll out local HD programming. We're already serving select cities and hope to add others by the end of this year. We will be adding more cities soon after these and gradually expanding our coverage over the next two years, as we deploy new satellites that use state-of-the-art MPEG-4 technology. The local channels we offer will carry a mix of digital standard-definition and HD programming.

Customers who have DIRECTV HD equipment and want to receive local HD programming from DIRECTV will be eligible for an MPEG-4-capable receiver replacement after we launch local HD programming in your city. (If you want to replace your HD DVR, you will need to wait a bit longer. Our new MPEG-4-capable DIRECTV HD DVR is expected to be available sometime in 2006, after we roll out our local HD programming to our first group of cities.)

More details will be available when we launch the local HD service in your area, so watch your local TV, radio or mailbox for upcoming announcements or visit DIRECTV.com/HD

AHHHHHHHHH I hate calling Directv!!!!

Later

Avis

Hosting Services by ipHouse